10904NAT – Diploma of Social Media Marketing
Social media has continued to revolutionise the marketing landscape over the past decade and is now an essential component for all organisations. Here are some facts about Social Media in the current world.
More than 4 billion people worldwide now use social media.
- An average of 2 million people sign up to social media channels every day. (Source: WeAreSocial – October 2020 Statshot)
- Facebook has 2.7 billion monthly active users. (Source: WeAreSocial – October 2020 Statshot)
- Average daily social media usage is nearly 2.5 hours. (Source: WeAreSocial – October 2020 Statshot)
- YouTube is the world’s most visited social media site. (Source: Broadband Search)
- TikTok leads the ranking of mobile apps by downloads (excluding China). (Source: Influence Marketing Hub)
- 69% of marketers use social media for brand awareness. (Source: Sprout Social)
- 49% of consumers unfollow brands on social media for poor customer service. (Source: Influence Marketing Hub)
- 45% of consumers like and follow accounts suggested in their feeds or use discovery tools. (Source: Sprout Social)
- 91% of consumers visit a brand’s website or application when they follow them on social media. (Source: Sprout Social)
The world’s first and only formal qualification in social media marketing, 10904NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing is the qualification you need to accelerate your career by immediately applying your social media marketing skills to your chosen business or organisation.
Students who successfully complete this course will receive the 10904NAT – Diploma of Social Media Marketing.
To find out more about this course, please click here.
WHY SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING?
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
WRITTEN BY SOCIAL MEDIA EXPERTS
Deborah Lee (UK)
Eric Tung (USA)
Trevor Young (AUS)
All featured on the Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers list
HIGHLY PRACTICAL AND HANDS-ON
Create and implement highly comprehensive social media marketing strategies, graduating with an impressive portfolio
RAPIDLY GROWING INDUSTRY
Social media marketing is relevant for all businesses and industries, resulting in strong employment outcomes
ONLY FORMAL QUALIFICATION
Nationally Recognised Training by the Australian Government – the only formal qualification in social media marketing
SOCIAL MEDIA JOB PROSPECTS
This qualification is suitable for marketers of all levels of experience as the Diploma will take you through all of the key elements of social media marketing. Get ahead and stand out from the competition with a qualification that formalises your skills.
Entry Level Roles ($60-$75k+ Salary)
- Digital/Social Media Coordinator
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Communications Assistant
Upskilled Roles ($75-$90k+ Salary)
- Brand Manager
- Social Media Strategist
- Content Marketing Strategist
- Community Manager
Managerial Roles ($90-$200k+ Salary)
- Marketing Director/Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Strategy Manager
- Marketing Manager
COMPREHENSIVE COURSE STRUCTURE
|CODE||TITLE||CORE OR ELECTIVE|
|NAT10904001||Plan, Implement and manage content marketing||Core|
|SIRXMKT006||Develop a social media strategy||Core|
|NAT10904002||Plan, conduct and optimize organic social media marketing||Core|
|NAT10904003||Plan, manage and optimize paid social media advertising||Core|
|NAT10904004||Establish, build and leverage a personal brand on social media||Core|
|NAT10904005||Plan, implement and manage social media conversion strategies||Core|
|BSBMKG545||Conduct marketing audits||Elective|
|BSBMKG555||Write persuasive copy||Elective|
|ICTWEB513||Build dynamic websites||Elective|
|Course Name||Diploma of Social Media Marketing|
|CRICOS Course Code||105447G|
|Course Duration||52 Weeks|
|Location||Level 10, 140 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW
Level 2, 108 Margaret Street, Brisbane City QLD 4000
CRICOS entrants into this course require demonstration of IELTS 5.5 minimum, or equivalent Learners will need to be at least 18 years old. High-level language, literacy and numeracy levels – sufficient to interpret complex documents, prepare written reports and prepare budget-spread sheets. As such, it is recommended for entry to the course learners have successfully completed English to Year 12 level. Where prospective learners have not successfully completed English at Year 12 level, they can determine they have the required LLN skills if they have one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; or
- ACER’s Core Skills Profile for Adults Level 3 or above; or
- 2 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
Entrants into this course would benefit from having:
- High-level language, literacy and numeracy levels – sufficient to interpret complex documents, prepare written reports and prepare budget spread sheets.
- Intermediate level computer literacy skills – sufficient to navigate all digital channels and social media channels.
MODE OF STUDY
The training program for the Diploma in Social Media Marketing is conducted over a 52-week period at 20 hours a week of scheduled class time, which includes a trainer supervised 5 hours a week of online learning which satisfies the minimum CRICOS requirements of 20 hours per week in full-time mode. Students will receive online learning content through an LMS platform, populated with a selection of written copy and rich media content (including videos, infographics, imagery). Learning will also be delivered in a classroom environment, through presentations and documentation suited to face-to-face delivery (such as handouts, class notes, or learner guides).
Social learning will occur through interaction with other students in the classroom environment, and through social media platforms associated with the course.
Assessment for this qualification may include written reports, case studies, projects, role plays, oral questioning, case study analysis, demonstration, presentation written assessments and third-party reports as well as portfolios of evidence and workplace reports.
Students must demonstrate competence across all tasks of Assessment to achieve Competence in the unit. Assessment activities are delivered through the LMS whereby the students can download the assessment, complete and re-upload for submission.
The work experience or formal qualifications you have, may count towards the Diploma of Social Media Marketing. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in the qualification; shortening the time you have to study.
QIBA offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfers to students with existing qualifications or skills, knowledge and experience. The granting of course credit may affect course fees, as well as the duration of the course.
This process is outlined in the VET Credit Transfer Policy and the VET Recognition of Prior Learning Policy. Click here to download the form for RPL/Credit transfer.