Diploma of Leadership and Management Trainer – Brisbane Campus
About the Business and the Role
Queensland International Business Academy (QIBA) is seeking an outstanding Trainer to deliver our BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership & Management at our Brisbane CBD Campus.
The Trainer is responsible to prepare and deliver safe and effective training and assessment to learners enrolled with QIBA and is to provide suitable training support services to compliment learner’s individual needs.
- Plan training and assessment sessions to ensure the required resources are available to support the delivery;
- Deliver and coordinate training in accordance with the requirements of the training and assessment strategy using training methods that progressively instill knowledge and skills into learners;
- Conduct assessment in accordance with the principles of assessment and the designated assessment strategy;
- Undertake own professional development activities to continue to develop competence and currency of skills and knowledge. Update QIBA professional development register to provide a true record of professional development and currency;
- Contribute to continuous improvement. This includes identifying opportunities for improvement and acting responsively to implement agreed improvements;
- Participate in QIBA assessment moderation and validation activities to promote fair and reliable assessment and to maintain the alignment of assessment activities and materials with industry expectations and training package requirements;
- Contribute to the development of training and assessment materials when required;
- Liaise with QIBA administration support staff to coordinate the flow of documentation to ensure learner records and operational data is kept accurate and up to date;
- Monitor the safety of learners at all times. Always put the safety of learners before any other priority or activity;
- Deliver services that focus on the individual learner in relation to identifying and meeting learner’s individual needs;
- Perform duties in an ethical and professional manner that supports an inclusive learning environment that is free from discrimination and harassment;
- Respect the needs of each learner and make an adjustment to training and assessment to accommodate these needs of individuals without compromising the integrity of the desired outcome;
- Create an environment that supports and encourages equitable treatment and behaviour from all learners and those contributing to learning and assessment;
- Model ethical and professional behaviour to set the benchmark of these qualities for learners and others.
Qualification and/or Experience:
- Certificate IV In Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE40116), or
- A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education
In addition the trainer/assessor must have:
- The vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and assessed
- Current industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being provided. And
- Current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning that informs training and assessment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Excellent organisation skills and a team player;
- Reliability and ability to meet deadlines;
- Proven track record as a person of integrity and reliability;
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills.
If this sounds like you please fill up the form below and attach your cover letter and resume. Your application will be forwarded to our Principal Administrator – Jodie Heylen.