Orientation is mandatory. This means all students must attend a compulsory orientation program on their course orientation day for each course. Students must inform the college, if they are unable to commence their course as per their Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) date. Under The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act), if a student has not commenced studies or made contact with the college by the scheduled commencement date the CoE will be cancelled for non-commencement via PRISMS within 14 days of the scheduled commencement date.
QIBA is committed to ensuring that all students receive support to adjust to life and study at QIBA. An orientation program will be compulsory for all students prior to starting their course. Orientation will provide the important information to make your student journey easier.
Orientation programs will be conducted at the beginning of each course intake. Where a student is admitted to a course late, Student Support Staff will go through the orientation on an individual basis. The orientation program will include information provided through a power point presentation on:
- Support services available to assist overseas students and to help them adjust to study and life in Australia
- English language and study assistance programs
- The learning management system,
- Any relevant legal services
- Emergency and health services
- Our facilities and resources
- Complaints and appeals processes
- Support services available to assist with general or personal circumstances which may affect your education in Australia Information on employment rights and conditions and how to resolve workplace issues
- Requirements for course attendance and course progress
Learning and Language Support
Students are provided with a range of learning support options and resources to help them meet course requirements and maintain attendance. This includes: